Wood Trim Maintenance

I love the wood trim in my LX. Along with the leather, it makes me feel like I'm sitting in the first class section of luxury jet-liner. I want to take good care of it and make sure I don't use anything that could harm it. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use to clean and maintain it? Is furniture polish a good idea?

haeuheuhe.e.e. :D Thats true being feeling sittin in first class jet liner / airlines.

im there with u Vic :lol: hmm.. airforce 1 maybe?hhuehuee.e.... ;) not only that also the interior~speedometer/ all the gauges/dim lights i love the LX470 ~full of the Xenon lights/bulb..

Hey by the way.. sometimes im wondering if ican do same to my LX450.. basically i think just replacing all the speedometer, gauges bulbs right?

I mean to get all the Xenon interior lights... :lol:

:cheers:

Actually they're not Xenon ;)

The guages are actually quite simple, they're constantly lit with super bright LEDs, the needles are also LED, and they sit behind a tinted cluster cover in a face that is made of a nonreflective plastic. The LS has a cold cathode tube doing the illumination but all other Lexus' use these LED bulbs. The only "xenon" technology is in the headlights and the LX doesn't have xenon headlamps.

As for the wood, I'm going to move this to the detailing forum. The wood is actuall;y only a very very thin veneer mated to a plastic backing and topped with a clearcoat. Really anything you can use on your paint you can use on the wood, polish, wax, quick detail sprays etc. I use either Plexus (do a search in the detailing forum for that and it can be purchased from www.lexuscarcare.com its a plastic cleaner, also works well on the instrument cluster lens) or lemon Pledge. Both work well but the Pledge resists fingerprints better.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats wrong with water? You can also use water to clean the wood just fine.

What you're missing is that nothing you use is ever going to touch the actual wood surface. The wood is coated in clearcoat, just like the car's paint. You can use anything you would use on the paint. Using wood oils that soak into the wood on a car interior is pointless and will only create a slimy mess.