Crazy Radio

Jacob

I read on this forum that if you disconnect the battery, you will loose your radio preset channels. This morning, I disconnected my battery for over half an hour, and my radio still has the preset channels. Is my radio crazy? Or what? Also, my owner’s manual does not say anything about a security code. My car is 1996 LS400.

Jacob

I read on this forum that if you disconnect the battery, you will loose your radio preset channels. This morning, I disconnected my battery for over half an hour, and my radio still has the preset channels. Is my radio crazy? Or what? Also, my owner’s manual does not say anything about a security code. My car is 1996 LS400.

Jacob

this is normal......

you only loose your seat/mirror, etc presets.

I had to change my battery last fall; I expected the radio to loose all the presets - but they did not.

A nice deal :rolleyes:

My radio is crazy in the fact that over the past 6 weeks or so, it will not come on until after I have been driving for about 3-5 minutes. Strange. :unsure:

90ls,

I see you're selling the LS......good move I suppose. I know you've been fighting with repairs on that beast for a long time....

Let her go and good luck!! A hard decision - but the right one financially :cries:

:cheers:

My radio is crazy in the fact that over the past 6 weeks or so, it will not come on until after I have been driving for about 3-5 minutes.  Strange.  :unsure:

90ls,

I see you're selling the LS......good move I suppose. I know you've been fighting with repairs on that beast for a long time....

Let her go and good luck!! A hard decision - but the right one financially :cries:

:cheers:

Yes 99, I have, but I have not been trying to sell it that bad. LOL. I really do not want to sell it. The only place I have it advertised is here. If I put it in the local paper, I could easily sell it, but I am so hesitant. I may keep it yet. True- it needs small things, but nothing that needs immediete attention. Clunking front suspension, radio weirdness (not coming on initially in the mornings) and the broken A/C, but other than that- all is fine with it. Ultra smooth engine and transmission, no leaks, no oil level change between changes- make it even harder for me to really try to sell it. The starter has not done that "grr" thing I was talking about for a while- that may just be where I am paranoid because of the starter stories on other LS400s. :wacko: Also, the poor alignment (because repair shop did not do after new rear struts), and the "cupped" tires, it is no longer super smooth like it was on the road. Still so unsure. I am actually probably buying a Mercedes for my work car. I was about to post a topic about that when I read this- so see the other topic.