Transmission

joensk

Hi

I own 1999 rx300,When I shift the gear from neutral to drive or reverse,It does not shift smoothly. The RPM seem to be within the normal range. The problem gone away if I drive the car for a while.( half a day). Can anyone help me?

I has noticed that when I shift the gear from park to reverse or drive, the tranfer case move up and down about an inch also the chock absorber at front of the vehicle that support the transmission case also move up and down about an inch. Is it normal or engine/transmission are worn out?

I remove the transmission mount shock absorber, How can you tell when or if it needs new shock absorber? ... I pushed down on it and pull back seem to have a good resistance. When I push down on it,it stay at that position and never move :huh:

Pushing on a shock will not tell you much if it is good or not ,that is an old man theroy which used to work when technology was just up and down.

Depending on the valveing inside it can be as stiff as a rock ,not move at all once moved or come right back to original position immediatly

all depends on the manufactuers specs on the dampeners

for rebound and ( i can;t remeber what the compression valve is called , i am never up this early on a sunday morning....ever.....)

Oh yah ,i forgot why i was answering this question,

their is something called a dogbone mount it is what controls the actual movements of the engine the shock just smoothes it out and slows it to nothing vibrations, the dogbone is on the passenger side at the top of the engine, do a search on dogbone in the ES 300 section as it should be the same and show you pics of it and how to see whaen it is bad.