Radio Problem (sc400 92)

psckrat

While attempting to determine the caue of poor AM reception (Jiggle antenna, check for bad ground, etc) the radio just 'stopped' every light on the radio display is lit,

something like FF FFFF ... some other stuff, and on the right side all of the functions (tape cd etc)

Antenna will not go up, tape will not eject, appears to have no power. Checked fuse. it's ok. I figure it can't be power, otherwise the display would not show anything (As it did when I pulled the fuse)

All feedback appreciated

try unplugging it. and redo it.

if the lights are on then there is power going so thats not it.

maybe a loose connection. if u still have a problem disconnect the radio and connect straight to the battery neg n pos. make shure it works and take it from there

• 4 weeks later...

good new i just had this same exact problem. All you have to do is open the fuse box pull out the the number 15 and 20 fuses and leave them out for about a minute and then put them back in. Turn the car back on and there you go it should be fixed. By leaving the fuses out for more than 30 seconds it restartes the system. :cheers: