Installing New Katzkin Leather 92 Sc400

Keisler

:D 92 SC400; I have new KATZKIN LEATHER on the way. Should be here in sunny Tampa, Fl by Friday or Monday at the latest. I need any advice on where to start with removal of seats. Is there any procedures that you know of that are already posted in this forum? I looked but did not see any. I am a do it your selfer kinda guy and somewhat mechanical so I know I can do this. Thanks in advance.

Actually, the rear seat comes out very easily. Reach in under the front lip of the bottom and pull up sharply. It just snaps in. Then remove the four bolts along the bottom holding the back. Lift the back up and out and its done. The fronts are like any other car, they are bolted to the rails. Be sure to unplug all the wiring connectors before taking the fronts out.

The seats have covers and some of the covers are attached with Hog Rings. Once the hog rings are unhooked, the covers slip off. Slide on the new covers and re-attach with the hog rings. Some portions are attached under covers. But you should see all of this.

The hardest part is getting the covers on and stretched tight so there are no bulked up seams.

Good Luck!

:cheers:

I just received a leather kit from www.leatherseats.com and have decided to have an interior guy put them on for me. It seems like this task should be quite straight forward but I've said that before and then ... you know. The guys charging me like $285 to install the entire kit including the arm rests. Seems very reasonable and he has done great work for me in the past. The kit differs from the OEM style of leather but seems high grade. Has more texture and seems a little thicker, like the leather you might find on a couch. It feels nice though. Might be better. I'm just curious as to how well the kit will fit. The color match is nice too. I was initially nervous about this kit because I heard that it has vinyl portions where you dont contact the seat. As it turns out so does your OEM. Does Katskins use vinyl? What did you pay? Mine was 729.00 (entire kit with console and arm rests). Very happy so far.