Rough Start After Sitting Idle For 4 Days?

m2pc

Wanted to know if anyone has had a similiar experience. I just changed out my oil and tranny fluid. Oil was 10W-30 Mobil1 ( about 3/4 to 1 quart short till I could see better what the level was).

Went away on vacation and 4 days later I went to start it up. My Goodness, I never heard it sound so bad....It was as if it could not turn over as well as shaking like no tommorrow for about 2-3 seconds which seemed like eternity, then it trurned over by itself and ran normally. This has never happened and since that rough start, has not happened since. All I can think of is that I drained and filled a quart short and the Mobil1 must have drained off all the metal parts.

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned?

I doubt you drainded it too much or too low.

A bone dry engine will start just with a little more harshness.

I might say you had a bit of oil drip down into the cylinder chamber causing it to idle bad for a minute until burnt.

Wanted to know if anyone has had a similiar experience. I just changed out my oil and tranny fluid. Oil was 10W-30 Mobil1 ( about 3/4 to 1 quart short till I could see better what the level was).

Went away on vacation and 4 days later I went to start it up. My Goodness, I never heard it sound so bad....It was as if it could not turn over as well as shaking like no tommorrow for about 2-3 seconds which seemed like eternity, then it trurned over by itself and ran normally. This has never happened and since that rough start, has not happened since. All I can think of is that I drained and filled a quart short and the Mobil1 must have drained off all the metal parts.

Any thoughts? Should I be concerned?

Can you be a bit more specific?

You said that it sounded like it wouldn't turn over. Did the engine crank normally or are you talking about slow cranking?

If you can describe the symptoms more fully, it will help with the diagnosis.

But SK's explanation seems reasonable. I just can't figure out how you had oil drip down into the cylinder from a simple oil change.

I really don't know how to describe it. It felt like a strong crank, but not synchronizied. What I mean is it felt like the engine was turning over and the best way I can think of is that it felt like it wanted to start, but then wouldn't then wnated to start again and then vroom, started. I think there was a bit of shakin as well.

But started again this morning and very smooth as I would hope.