Vsc Engine Light

chercom

My engine light & VSC light in on. I drove home yesterday and it was off and this morning I started the car and there it was. Is the car safe to drive? I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow afternoon. So I will have to drive home(from work) and then back to the dealer. Lastly, Can someone please recommend a reliable and trustworthy dealership here in Atlanta. I have had so many bad experiences with two dealerships that I don't want to visit them again. :cries: :cries:

It is safe to drive. Any engine code in the computer will cause this. Why? Beats me.

Any decent mechanic can read the code for you. I am willing to beat my new tires that you got a Throttle Position Sensor code. The one I just got was P0121. Stupid thing. Here's the kicker. Our 2003 GS430 is doing the same thing, started two weeks ago, just haven't had a chance to take it to the mechanic. I'm going to blow a gasket if I go to Lexus right now but I have to take the GS so they have it on record - quickly before it has too many starts and the code disappears.

My mechanic suspects it's a design issue, the sensor is buried and there is probably too much heat around it.

This has been an issue for me since new. I let Lexus tell me there wasn't an issue and now, of course, it's out of warranty. I won't let it happen again with the 2003. Since my 95 SC400 had a whole different set of issues, I believed Lexus. They probably just didn't know better when the Gen II's were new. They have to know it's an issue by now. :angry:

So what was the verdict for you?