Shipping A Sc300 5spd

Hello, im in the market for a new car. I was thinking about a SC300... such a beautiful car for the price.

I was hoping to find a used 5spd but there is only like 7 of them in the place i stay, which is a rock in the middle of the sea... hawaii! anyways i was wondering if it would be smarter to import one from the states and turbo charging the stock 2jzge or just getting a SC300 automatic here and swap in a 2jz-gte and a 6spd or something... which costs a load... or instead of turboing the stock 2jz, just swap a 2jz-gte and mate it with the 5spd...

anyways i found one on cars.com at dallas texas... the scared thing is im afraid of the car's actual condition. if one of u guys would go check it out for me or something... i dunno :unsure:

also this guy wants 13g for it, and its from a dealer but the kbb is only like 9g...

1992, 71876 miles, black, for 12,995

i spend many hours reading up on old posts... i wonder if the old posters are still reading up on the new posts...

Dude, My buddy has a 1996 SC300 5 spd black/black in awesome shape. Like 80k miles, fully loaded. He only wants $12,900 for it. If you give me your email address I can even email some pics I have of his car and give you his contact information. 4 years newer for the same price. 'Nuff said.

Jeremy

whoa.. how loaded, i dont want it totolly loaded that there aint stuff for me to do... can u do shipping too?

if anything is wrong with it, can i slap you? heh

like i never knew 96 has 5spd unless he swapped?

how would we do a legit trade?

cr4shtestmonk3y@yahoo.com reply!!! you may have forfilled my dreams... black on black...

There are several auto inspection companies that will do a full inspection on a car in most cities for under $100 including pictures and road test. I would highly recomend this service prior to buying a car you can not physically inspect yourself.

Some nice cars im interested in... sorry for the long links,

as of Aug 21, 04

1997; Silver Exterior; Black Interior; 5 speed; 56k Miles; $16g

:o *Wow nice! Black interior! Never knew they had 5spd in '97...

Conshohocken, PA :: Phone - 610-260-9930

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...13&aff=honolulu

1992; Black Exterior; Ivory Interior; 5 speed; 71k Miles; $13g

Sewell Lexus Dallas

6211 Lemmon Ave.

Dallas, TX

:unsure: *Nice... kinda really over priced, low miles...

1995; Silver Exterior; Black Interior; 5 speed; 78k Miles; $12g

;) http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...ellerFirst=true

1993; Gold Exterior; Tan Interior; 5 speed; unknown Miles; $5g

<_< *Gold Color makes it look like a grandpa car...

Ok, so do u guys think its worth shipping any of these cars to my place? Honolulu, Hawaii, island of Oahu. Theres only about 7 5spd SC300's here. How much u think it would cost to ship here? How would i make sure that the car is in good quality?

im going to have to do the same thing but later on. my friend shipped a 240sx from cali and its jsut over 1000 bucks. so it would be easiest if you could find a car in cali with a sell that is willing to take it to the dock for you. or just an owner that is willing to help you ship it.

weird, my friend also just shipped a S14 240 here... white one, wasnt an SE tho, so where in hawaii are u?

oh yea, i dont know about shipping anymore, hard for trust... except if its in around LA, cause i actually got some few friends dat moved up there. :)

I think im gonna try go for a used 2002 IS300 5spd, or a E36 M3 coupe or sedan 5spd... heh, i like speed with style! 4 door is pretty VIP, pimpish.

Unless, is there a cheap alternative way into swaping in a manual transmission without any or few fabrications (like the driveshaft)? ...except for getting a salvaged SC and swaping parts?

my friends was green and SE. and i swapped an sr in to it for him.

i live in kaimuki at the top of maunalani touge :lol: U?

IS is good why not an E46? besides cost... or a real vip car would be a GS with a 6 speed swap. thats the thing in japan.

hey i live close to ur, i live in Waikiki close to hard rock cafe... and my budget is about 15g... unless i want to pay a little extra for finance. so E46 is something im trying not to think about. im also now thinking about a Z32...

so how much does it costs to swap a 6spd in the GS? that sounds pretty dope, any details?

and i know this guy, peanut he super charged his GS, pretty dope, black with all sports-L stuff

well with a 15g limit you couldnt get a jzs161 but you can get a 147( the older GS) and well the swap depends on how much you can get the trans for. and its quite a bit of custom work. meaning interior parts around the shifter. in japan a 5speed conversion runs about 4grand so i would suspect add a grand or 2 to that.

if you know endless garage they are doing a gte in the 147. but auto i think.

shoots, thx!

guess ill hit u up one of these days, prob getting a car around next month...

still pretty undecided but if i get a 240 :P

think u can do the tranny swap on the JZS147?

check out this site >> http://www.arp-net.co.jp/aristo.htm

would be so dope, Lux Sports

Pimping, 4door, rwd, turbo, 5spd...