Audio Cd

I am sure this topic has been covered before but I just couldn't find any results.

I'm interested in aftermarket CD changer for my 2000 RX300. It came with an AM/FM cassette player (most likely Pioneer).

Any ideas?

your radio doesnt even have a cd changer plug on the back of it so even if they made a pioneer system interface that worked there would be no 12 pin cd changer port to plug it into. a lot of upset rx300 owners bought an unamed interface companies product and when stereo shop got the radio out there was no where to plug in the ionterface . the cd changer wires come from the amp not the radio in your rx300 and the plug is a 10 pin not a 12 pin like the INTERFACE COMPANY HAD THOUGHT. THE INTERNET STEREO SELLER ALSO UNAMED DIDNT GIVE REFUNDS EITHER LAIMING THEY ALSO WERE DUPED. ITS BEST TO BUY ONE NEW OR USED. BEWARE OF EBAY CVD CHANGERS. THE SELLERSD SAY THEIR CD CHANGER FITS EVERY GLOVEBOX APPLICATIONA ND MOST TIMES IT NAKAMICHI OR GS CHANGER OR EARLY LS NONE OF WHICH WORK ON THE RX300. BEST TO ASK FOR PART NUMBER AND CHECK WITH DELAER WHICH CHANGER YOU NEED.

• 1 month later...

PIONEERSUBY, Could you email me directly at br0973@aol.com ?? I need to add a CD player to my 99 Rx300 non nakamici reciever and need to know what I need in terms of the CD Player (Pioneer I am guessing??, I can get one used from a salvage yard I have found several online or maybe you have some you are selling) and the cable (what type of lexus cable do I need and what do I plug it into), what do I need to do or get for the glove box to install the changer.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

BR

• 5 years later...

old threadbrought back by a new owner of a 2000 rx,

if my headunit has a cd button, does that mean i can install an oem changer? what where to look for any connnections? should it be pre-wired?

i know the glove box has the cutouts, it that a good sign?

thanks