High oil consumption

My 2008 RX400h with 136,000 miles uses a quart of oil at about 1500 miles.  No leaking is occurring and I do not see any smoke from exhaust pipe. The oil was changed every 5,000 miles since new.  Anyone else have this issue?  Car runs and drives great.

2 hours ago, RX400h said:

Are you the original owner?

Our RX400h engine uses no oil. It's oil was also changed every 4500-5000 miles with synthetic oil.

Yes, I am.  I switched to a 5-20W semi synthetic oil and uses a little less oil.  How many miles are on your car?  What kind of mileage are you getting?  I am about 26 MPG average city/highway. I wonder how long our batteries will last? 

We have about 136,000 miles on ours. I use either 5W-20 or 5W-30. Maybe a 5W-30 will slow down your consumption.

I do throw in a bottle of Chevron Techron into the tank, once or twice a year. This should help with carbon buildup on valves and pistons.
Mileage is 24-26 depending upon driving route. 

There are RX400 owners in this forum whose vehicles have over 250,000 miles on them (original battery pack).

Thanks, Robert. You do the same. By the way, there's a youtube channel called "The Car Care Nut" in which a certified Toyota/Lexus master mechanic talks about all kinds of things related to the brand. He also occasionally reviews other brands. I watch his videos every so often and learn a thing or two.

• 3 months later...