Integrated Cell Phone - 1995 Ls400

padraig

:rolleyes: Hi folks -

I've got a 1995 Lexus LS400 that I've had for a few years and I want to upgrade the Motorola phone (and system??) to something more modern and connected. What do I have to do? Any 3rd party solutions? Thanks. Patrick Kennedy.

Welcome to the site

Unfortunately there is no way to plug a more modern phone into the existing system, you would have to have a totally new setup wired in.

• 1 month later...

I also own a Lexus with an integrated phone. I was also told that I couldn't upgrade it; but would have to replace it. I don't want to incur that expense. I have seen an LX470 that had a two-piece center console. The very top piece (with its own latch) opens and houses the phone. In addition, there was another latch that opened the entire top (including the piece that housed the phone) to access the console storage. I've been trying to find out if there is a two-piece console that would fit a 1994 Lexus LS400....that way I could hide the phone. If anyone is aware of a part and a part number, could you share that........I would take any advice or direction.

Thanks,

TRYING-TO-HIDE-A-BULKY-PHONE

The 95+ LS has the two tiered console which is designed specifically for the cell phone. My dad's 98 LS has that phone, but he had it disconnected a couple of years ago because the analog service was so expensive. We've tried to find him a system that will run the modern cell phone through the speakers, but we can't. My 03 ES also has that console, and I've also been looking for a similar setup, with no luck.

Lexus does offer one, but its $2500 (the phone).

My guess would be go to a junkyard and try and find the upper console armrest, it and the two doors are all one peice. Honestly though I dont know how well it'll work.

• 1 month later...

i have that phone in the console in my 96 lsand i had a service from cellular one on it for 2 month and it was like 40$ for 60 mins a month. no good. i just use my regular cell phone with a headset:) as to muting the stereo just turn it off. open the console and press the off buton, it will also stop makin that noise when u turn the ignition on. serice on that built in phone sucked!!!!

Luckily my Lesus didn't have a built in cell phone. Cell phones asre good for about two years. Hard wired cell phones are obsolete anyway, I'd just use your regualar phone.