2005 Lexus Rx330

bcable

I am about to pull the trigger on buying a 2004 RX330 but am having some second thoughts. I am getting a great deal on the '04 with nav ($39,750). I am thinking about waiting for the 2005 model to come out. I have a few questions.

1. When do the 2005 models come out? Of course, the dealerships won't tell you, and if they do, they tend to exaggerate the date to prompt you to buy an '04.

2. What changes are there on the 2005 RX330? I have heard (through this forum), that they are adding bluetooth, the nifty keyless entry feature (not sure what this is called, the one that recognizes your keys and unlocks the door), and making the shifting headlamps standard on all models. Does anyone know for sure what is changing? Is the MSRP going up with these added features?

3. If I wait for the '05, what are the odds I will be able to negotiate a deal below the msrp? I could wait until November or so if that would help.

I have talked to many dealers and all of them say nothing is changing in '05, but again, they are intent on selling me an '04. I am planning on leasing the car, so I am thinking that I might be better off waiting for the '05 since its residual value will be higher, and as a result, the payments should be lower; however, if I have to pay $4000 more for the '05, any increase in the residual value will be offset by the increased purchase price, and the net gain will be 0.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Some of the changes I recall that seemed important:

-- Bluetooth will be offered

-- AFS offered separate from the Performance Pkg, but Sales Manager made it sound like AFS would show up on most lots along with the Navigation System; if you want it separately you'd need to order and that might take 4 months. Sounds like AFS will be on all cars with the HIDs. Basically they're not making the Premium Plus pkg for allocation anymore (the $41,938 sticker equipped) and bumping it up to more NAVs.

-- 4th Generation Navigation

-- More Production % will be packaged with Nav than in 04 (up to 40% from 26% last year)

-- Compasses in all rear view mirrors (including ones with NAV)

-- Can't remember about the smart key thing and have no clue how it works.

-- The passenger front seat will be 8 way power like the drivers.

Want to know all ... go to your dealer ... it was a top attached spiral notebook.

I would imagine that they'll start showing up on the lots within the next 4 weeks. Sounds like you've negotiated a pretty good deal on the 04, but I can understand wanting to wait. My dealership gave me about $3700 off MSRP on the same equipped car you're looking at and I'm waiting, but then again I was ABSOLUTELY sure I wanted it at that moment. They made me sound crazy b/c I would pay around MSRP for an 05, but of course they want to sell the 04s ... I mean I'm sure I won't get nearly as good of a deal on an 05 but still may be worth waiting.

Thanks for the info. I am so tired of the salespeople and the crap they feed you. If just one of them would be straight with me, I'd buy the car from them and refer them business.

I love technology, so the bluetooth thing is a big deal to me. I figure if I am going to drop $40k on a car, I want it to have every gadget possible.

Tough decision. I am worried the msrp will get jacked up a bit and not sure the great lease deal I lined up will still be available. With interest rates on the rise, the financing options won't be as good.

The toughest part is that my wife wants it today, so convincing her that it is worth waiting is dang near impossible. She is not as excited by the bluetooth and smart key technology as I am.

Lexus doesn't change the MRSP that much. when the new 05 ES came out with all the new standard equip. it only went up $250. If you wait you will pay more due to Lexus doesn't discount new models in the first quarter or so. so i guess it depends of bluetooth is worth your 4k+ discount. good luck.

I can't imagine any dealer getting near sticker on an 05 when the RX400h is due out during the first quarter of 05. This version will have 40 more HP, get 36MPG in the city, and be priced not too far away from the latest 330. The demand (as per the huge waiting lists) is said to be astronomical. This is why it is unlikely that the deals for the gas-only versions will go away any time soon.