Maybe The Best Feature Of My Ls430

MikeP

I've owned several different European brand cars since my last LS, so I have gotten used to cleaning the wheels, especially the front, every few days. I've had my LS430 now for a week (it's hard to believe) and the wheels have stayed clean. What kind of "magical" brake pads does Lexus use that makes brake dust invisible? When you see Audi's, BMW's, Volvo's, MB's and Jaguar's, they can be spotless except for their front wheels. Why wouldn't they use the same materials for their brake pads as Lexus? A luxury car loses some of its pizzaz with dirty shoes. Clean front wheels....what a luxury.

Mike

Not sure if this is the explanation in your case, but I've been told that the newest material in brake shoes is "ceramic" which, amongst other benefits, have no visible brake dust.

I've only had my LS430 (2001) for two weeks so I haven't noticed any buildup, but it would be nice not to have to deal with that nuisance.

JPF

My '99 LS has ceramic pads and they are very clean, should last longer too. I replaced them at 59,000 miles but could've waited longer as the pads still had ample meat on them. I used NAPA Ceramix Pads: Front, CMX7544

Rear, CMX7491.

Happy motoring :D