Rx330 Phone Car Kit

PBCG

Although I am in Australia the RX330 seems to have the same specs as the US models.

I have an RX330 with the standard stereo system (ie not the Mark Levinston version).

Does anyone know if there is an interface cable/input to suit a NOKIA car kit. Some stereos have a mute input and/or a speaker input.

Also where is the best location to mount a car kit, is there a special mounting bracket?

Thanks.

I checked the Dashmount site http://www.dashmount.co.uk/ and they do not appear to offer mute leads for any of the RX cars sold in the U.K. I wouldn't be so certain that Oz and U.S. audio systems are similar even if they look similar. For example I found that the Dashmount mute leads that fit the U.K. spec 98 Toyota Camry and the 00 LS would not work in our U.S. spec cars - both our Camry and LS have radio upgrades that are incompatible with the leads.

I'd say check with a local phone installer or your Lexus dealer. Even if your audio system isn't designed to plug in a phone, it is possible that there is a mute point on the head unit or amplifier.

As for brackets, ones for left hand drive cars probably would not work for your right hand drive RX. But Dashmount appears to have one for a right hand drive RX:

http://www.dashmount.co.uk/june03/71140.htm

It's not all that tough to install a car kit. Here is a link to a PDF on how I did it in my LS and hooked the mute wire to the existing phone harness. I hooked up the mute wire in the Camry by attaching it, via a Soundgate harness, to one of the pins on the 9-pin data port.