Car Phone Question

i have a car phone in my 96 es. it is an aftermarket that the previous owner had put in. the phone is locked so i cant unlock it to progrma it for my number. it is an audiovox phone and looks old. i cant find a serial or model number so can u guys help me out. if it doesnt work o well. it still makes my car look a lot cooler. but if it does work than that would be great.

If it works at all it might be useful if you ever have to call 911 in an emergency - no activation is needed to call 911. It is probably analog only and not worth messing with. If it was an integrated Lexus phone it might be worth trying to activate it but this can't be done everywhere - some people have been able to have an analog phone activated if there already have service on a more modern cell phone.

• 3 months later...

Older audiovox nam programming. You said it was locked. Try

this 000 function #1 If That doesnt work try to get me model and ill be able to help you. The 3 000 represents the lock code. So if that was changed 000 wont work. Usually lock codes back then were changed to the last three of the phone # . If you know that try it say it was 523 function 1# . If you get in to it. # key will step you threw thre different screens. once your done putting the info in function send will burn the info into phone.Hope this helps let me know.