Questions

bitsbucket

I saw the "pinned" FAQ but when you go there, there is one post with no links, what is that about?????

I need to know how to pull the codes from my 00 RX300 Do you HAVE to have a scanner or can you count flashes (on the CEL) like on other cars?

I have a check engine light on and sluggish starter revolutions. Battery is still "blue" in the status window, but I checked and it was a little low on water, topped it off with distilled water and put it on the charger.......it needs charging according to the charger.... could the weak battery cause a CEL (check engine light) to come on? I am sure it is the problem with the low starter revolutions......also battery is the original (Panasonic) what is the normal life for factory Batt?

Thanks

Bitsbucket

you need a scanner to read any obd 2 code

there is a way to short out a few pins but it is complicated and not the safest way to check the cel

those colour cells only tell you if one cell in a battery is good the rest could be dead.

more info and someone might be able to help you, but from what is above it is vauge

Hi, and thanks for the reply,

It turned out it was the battery, My wife told me after the first post I made, that "oh yea and one more thing, the clock keeps resetting itself to 1:00" so I did a search for that and saw several posts for that issue, and it basically said "you need a battery" I went and got one this AM and it took care of the starting problem. I am not sure about the CEL because the computer reset after pulling the battery to change it, I'll just have to wait and see if it comes on again.

I would like to look at a FAQ though, I can't seem to find it, as I said I saw the "pinned" post but it just show me 2 posts without any links to what I would consider a FAQ. there is one link that goes to a detailing FAQ, but I was looking for something like the Maxima.org FAQ that talks about pulling codes, what the codes mean, specifications for different model years, known problems and fixes.......a general techinical FAQ I guess is what I am talking about. If you could point me to a link for that I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks again,

John

i own an ES and know tehm inside out

i don;t have an RX just a general knowledge of techincal issues as the es/camry/RX are the same

so me making an faq would be a bit vauge

for basic ideas look at my one in the ES forum