A Click / Pop Noise

rl9905

I have a 2000 RX300 with 28,000 miles on it. I recently started to notice that after I reverse out from a parking lot or drive way and then put it in "D" Drive, I hear a click or a pop noise about 100ft after it's been put in to drive. The sound seems to come out from the bottom of the car. Can anyone please tell me whats wrong and what should I do? Thanks Very Much.

Yea, It usually happens when I apply the brakes. So if it does that click noise when I apply the brakes and the calipers are shifting like you said, what do i need to do? Does that mean the break pads are wearing out? or Do I need to replace the brakes?

-Thanx for you time :)

If you can live with the noise, It wont hurt anything but, It shows up more when the pads are getting worn. Take the pads out and use the special grease from Lexus and put it in between the shims and the pads. Then lubricate the surface where the pads fit into the calipers. This will make it go away for a while but it will come back. You will also notice that it usually happens when the pads are cold. After applying the brakes a couple of times it goes away because the pads grow and fit tighter in the frames. Do not use anything that resembles a glue type substance on them to perform this. Good luck