Rx300 Hid Lamp Compatibility - ?

lexum

Hi all,

I was hoping that someone could give me some info on wether or not the 2001 rx300 HID headlight assembly is an easy swap with the 2000 rx300 standard headlight assembly. I assume that I need the HID ballasts but is the wiring the same and will they fit ?? Thanks so much for any info.......

NOT!

The headlamp assembly will likely fit perfectly but the auto-leveling ECU and servomotor drive system is under the dash near the stearing column and the height sensor for leveling is mounted on the right rear axle.

Additionally there is some sort of communication within the 01's onboard LAN/multiplex communications system that prevents auto-leveling operations above a certain speed, ~5MPH(??).

OK - so it sounds like not the best idea....

If I took an '00 rx300 and an '01 to a dealer or professional shop and asked them to make swap would it be possible or a waste of time ? and If I just swapped the headlight assemblies would I be able to utilize the HID abilities or is there something else I would need ? Thanks again...