navigation update for 2016 es350

• 1 year later...

In April 2024 my local Lexus dealer charged me $215 for the map update SD card. 

With the engine off, remove the old SD card, pop in the new one, start the car, follow the on-screen prompts. The update takes about twenty minutes to complete. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 1:47 PM, ArthurW said:

In April 2024 my local Lexus dealer charged me $215 for the map update SD card. . 

Do you know the date of the actual map upgrade? I've heard that Lexus stopped updating the maps in 2019 or 2020.

What was the part number? What is version number that shows in the nav. The version in me 2016 ES 300H is V15A8880.

thanks

IMG_4888.JPEG

Hi Tom.

The invoice has partnumber PT219-GEN08-23. Invoice date is 5 April 2024. Attached is a screenie of the line item on the invoice.  I asked for a discount and got a miserly $10.94 off the $210 list. The government of course required its pound of flesh and that pushed to nett price to $215.48.

Also attached are snaps of the software nav/map update versions. Hope this helps.

partno.png

ES350 Software and Nav update April 2024.jpg

Thanks so much. It is interesting that the Lexus online parts site does not show this item as compatible with our cars.  However, I looked up which radios are GEN08 and both the 2015 and 2016 ESs are GEN08. So I bought the same part number and it bricked my system. Neither the NAV nor the radio will boot.  I'm still troubleshooting, and I have a call into the Lexus dealer. The fact that it worked on your car has me believing that I turned the car off in the middle of the process at a point where I thought it was done. 😞 

Oh nooo. How awful. 😟 

The update process for me was in two distinct phases. The first step took about 20 minutes or so. The second step required an ignition switch off and switch on again (as prompted on the display) and then took another 6-7 minutes to complete. The SD card itself has a Lexus logo, so I assumed it was officially produced and not simply a copy by the dealer.

The update reset all the settings and I had to spend some time retuning the radio, setting the navigation region, re-entering saved destinations, reloading customised images for the display, etc, etc. But all works as it should. 

Hope you can get it sorted. 

As an aside, the map is still a disappointment ... on the other hand, roads are constantly changing here in Dallas. I s'pose my obsession with having all my PCs and devices on the latest software/firmware level carried over to the car.  In retrospect the upgrade didn't get me any noticeably new functionality, and I probably won't use the navigation much anyway (sticking to Google Maps on my Android phone). I'm glad it's done, but it certainly wasn't worth $215.