Tach Needle Light And Climate Control Light.

92Lex

ive just purchased a 92 ls400 a couple of days ago. the tach needle only lights up half way and flickers...climate control lights up but is faded around the edges. i went to lextech.com and saw that they are selling climate control lights and gauge cluster light kits (to change the color your cluster lights up). i was wondering if these items would be able to fix my problem...can i just purchase these items to get everything in normal working order or is it a must that i replace these with new/reconditioned items? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just took this photo this evening of my instrument cluster. Does this look like it is normal? I think it is, but I have never looked in another LS400, so I am unsure. Thanks.

BTW- did you get yours repaired?

post-4-1091079342.jpg

looks perfect except that my psychic abilities tell me you will be needing to stop at a gas station soon :D

wow!! you're good migirdech!! how'd u know that?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

90: looks perfect. i've driven far too many LS's to count of all years and its really obvious when somethings wrong. glad everything works fine ;)

ill trade ya...then you could tell me how you like mines. nope, havent had it fixed yet...i spoke to someone from lextech.com and they told me that for 150.00 i could buy some cluster upgrade kit and it would resolver my problem. im probally just going to do that instead..plus the ultra white kit looks very clean.

looks perfect except that my psychic abilities tell me you will be needing to stop at a gas station soon :D

LOL... :lol: You are right. I had to go strait away to the service station to get gasoline. I normally do not let it go below 1/2 tank, but I had to take a longer than usual trip on the interstate for work and I let it get a little low. It says 260 miles on the odometer, but I had reset it when it had 1/2 tank, because I had to turn in my mileage to get paid for it. It was on about 220 before, so I am getting close to 500 miles per tank on the freeway. I will have to get more gasoline tomorrow, because I only put $5.00 in it, because the premium fuel special price is only on Fridays, so I will spend about $30+ tomorrow filling it up. NO time to do the math, but it will be about $1.85 per gallon at the special price.

Thanks 1UZ- good to hear all is fine, EXCEPT my LOW FUEL warning light obviously does not work. :D

Thanks 1UZ- good to hear all is fine, EXCEPT my LOW FUEL warning light obviously does not work. :D

well actually my fuel light doesn't come on until it gets to atleast where yours was in the pic. i've had my needle at the same spot many times and driven another ~30 miles city driving (and i only get 16-18 MPG). your fuel light might work. drive around until the needle gets directly on top of and flush with the line next to "E". if it does not light then, it is broken for sure. if you are really worried about running out of gas (you shouldn't be), bring a small gas can with you.

another indication of exaclty how much gas you really have left in your tank: when you fill up next time and the needle is about where it was in the pic, notice how many gallons you put in. your tank is 22.5 gallons. if you think you are "really low" (like in the pic) and you pump till the pump stops, you will probably only put in like 17-18 gallons. that means you still have like 4-5 gallons remaining!

Thanks 1UZ- good to hear all is fine, EXCEPT my LOW FUEL warning light obviously does not work.  :D

well actually my fuel light doesn't come on until it gets to atleast where yours was in the pic. i've had my needle at the same spot many times and driven another ~30 miles city driving (and i only get 16-18 MPG). your fuel light might work. drive around until the needle gets directly on top of and flush with the line next to "E". if it does not light then, it is broken for sure. if you are really worried about running out of gas (you shouldn't be), bring a small gas can with you.

another indication of exaclty how much gas you really have left in your tank: when you fill up next time and the needle is about where it was in the pic, notice how many gallons you put in. your tank is 22.5 gallons. if you think you are "really low" (like in the pic) and you pump till the pump stops, you will probably only put in like 17-18 gallons. that means you still have like 4-5 gallons remaining!

Thanks for that information 1UZ. I have never let it get that low before, so like you said- it may come on if I let it go lower. It was about at that spot or just a little above today when I filled it up. It held 17.8 gallons, so I guess it had nearly 5 gallons left. $1.85 per gallon - it was $33.00

92LEX- that sounds about right. I have heard most other people say they have paid around $150.