92 Lexus Es 300 - Just Bought

Hi! I just bought a 1992 Lexus ES 300 with 100K miles. Problems are that the the fuel gauge is not working (half at complete fill) and there seems to be some engine oil leak on the undercarriage. Also the displays are flickering.

Any helpfull suggestions (esp re: the fuel gauge). This car is for my mom who might not remember to fill er up without a visual reminder!!

Thanks!!!!

sounds like the sensor in the tank is either faulty or you may have an earthing problem with the gauge

as for the flickering needles I suggest you turn the back light down as this is a common fault with the older ES300 and other cars with the same instruments.

You can get the dash dials redone but it means you have to send your intrument panel away.

Is the valve cover gasket fix a self-do thing? Also, is it true that places such as Jiffy Lube should NOT do oil changes on my Lexus since the 'oil filter' is of different grade? They want to charge me extra saying they have to special order the filter!