Radio Back Lighting Out

cel

Alright, you have some options, you can buy your LCD screen and install it the unit yourself but you need good soldering skills, or you can send your unit to a shop for it to be fixed, or go to the dealer and have them reinstall a remanufactured unit. But i can tell you how to remove the unit, first you need to lift hte center console trim releasing clamp. ( the wood along the shifter) then if you want, move the shifter into L position, and reach under the ashtray and pull forward realeasing hte clips, now you should be able to see the bottom of the radio unit. Now put your two air vents above the climate control facing down and pull it forward, and disconnect the emergency flasher. Now remove the four screws that are at the top of the a/c unit and bottom of hte radio unit. disconnect all wires and your radio unit should be out, and you can send it to a shop that specializes in fixing dealership lcds. heres a site that can do it. http://www.mikadotech.com/

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the problem is the bulbs, not the display, i dont know any1 with genII who gor probs with LCD, at least not yet:)

there has been an article about DYI fix for this problem but i beleive it is lost. one of the members has it saved locally but i forgot who:(

sorry.

migirdech, the post that you showed is for the lights in the dashboard, not the lights in the climate control or audio head unit. they have tiny LEDs, not bulbs and they are pretty hard to replace yourself. i got 2 of em burned myself on one of the buttons but i dont bother changing them.