I Agree!

jpf5911

I think I can guess the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

On my 01 LS430, the Nav system powers up when you start the car and it displays the warning message about looking at the screen while driving. You must press the "I Agree" button to make it go away and revert to the normal display.

Isn't there some way to bypass or disable that message??!!! I plan to own the car for a long time. How many times must "I Agree" not to look at the screen while driving????

Thanks,

JPF

The only way I have found is to open the door of the nav DVD what it's not in use. spent some time trying to figure out how to do that remotely from the driving position.

Even rewired parts of the system so they would be permanently powered but apparently too much information is being passed around via the onboard LAN, vehicle speed for sure.

I would think that some bright programmer at Lexus would figure out how to ask "I agree" only when one wishes to actually use the Nav aspects. But then on the other hand the system is so stupidly designed that there are way too many driver distractions even in its normal uses.

I have always believed that the display should default into the non-nav (RX display without nav) type display when the nav map display is not being used. Even when I use the Nav I oftentimes turn the display off otherwise it is too instinctive to glance over at the display when the voice instructions are a bit confusing.

The last thing one needs to do at a BUSY intersection coming out of the tunnel from the airport in Boston.

Actually the 2004 system does that, if you have it set up to default say in climate or audio then you don't have to push the "I Agree" screen until you switch to NAV.

I've found that it actually doesn't disctract me any more. It did at first, but I rapidly got used to it.