Changing The Acc Cabin Filter For 2000 Es300

I believe it's located "inside" or "behind" the glove box in current ES330s. Therefore, I assume it's located at the same place for my 2000 ES300 as well. But, the problem is there is CD Changer in my 2000 ES300 glove box and I do not know how to get to the cabin filter. Does anyone know how to do this job?

Actually the A/C filter in the '00-'01 ES is located to the right of the gas pedal near the floor. You will have to pull out some of the carpeting and unclip the "access" door that leads to the A/C filter assy. The filter assy slides in and out, pretty simple removal and installation process. The 2002 ES model is the year where the filter is relocated behind the glove compartment.

If you have your owner's manual, it should clearly state instructions on removing the A/C filter in your car.

Just changed mine last night. Although I have a '99 ES 300, I assume most other close years are similar. As a previous post indicated, it is at the back of the bottom of the center console towards the firewall, and accessible from the drivers side near the gas pedal.

Now that I now how to do it, it should be easy next time. What made it difficult for me is that when I got the compartment open THERE WAS NO CABIN FILTER INSTALLED!!!

I'm thinking of calling Lexus and complaining that I've been driving around a car for 50k miles that didn't have a factory installed part on it. I'm concerned about premature HVAC failure due to the accumulation of debris that the omitted filter would have stopped.

Has anybody else opened up their cabin filter compartment to find nothing???