99 Rx300 Slams Into Drive?

customrx

RX JUMPS WHEN I PUT IT IN DRIVE ONLY!!! PUT NEW SHOCK LOOKING MOUNT IN FRONT AND BOTTOM LEFT MOTOR MOUNT IT HELPED BUT STILL PRETTY BAD .....

I JUST CHANGED TRANNY BECAUS OF CLICKING NOISE IN 1ST GEAR..RAN GREAT BUT AFTER FRONT END CRASH PROBLEM STARTED... :whistles: :D

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON IT WILL GO INTO DRIVE SMOOTHLY BUT NOT NEARLY ALL THE TIME IT MAY BE WHEN IT"S COLD BUT EVEN WHEN IT"S COLD IT"S MOSTLY THE SAME.....

I DROVE ANOTHER RX AT WORK AND IT WENT INTO GEAR SMOOTH AS IT COULD BE I CANT REMBER WHEN MINE WAS LIKE THAT.....

The rx is the same engine as mine and actually all lexus start at a high idle and if put into gear to quicly while the engine is tryingto warm the tranny fluid ,engine and sensors it will bang and cause alot of wear on the parts.

I never move my car without warming up for atleast a minute

might be the throttle cable on the throttle body , it has a little steel nub on the cable gonig to the tranny beside the throttle body

it is supposed to sit a few mm out of the casing when the throttle is at idle, when not in proper alignment it causes the tranny to burn gears and hard shifting