Replacement Speakers For Lx-450

maxnharry

I have a 96 LX and the speaker in the driver's door is blown out. Any thoughts on which brand of speaker to go with. I am using a JVC head unit and planning on ultimately replacing it with a Nakamichi head unit. Thanks

The LX is kinda hard to find replacement speakers for because the doors are so shallow. Not sure exactly what kinda set up you are looking for but here are a few ideas.

In my LX, I have MB Quart mids and highs all around. They are extremely clear and LOUD. They are, however, a bright speaker that doesn't have much bass. It is best paired with a sub. Unless you get a bigger speaker like I did, you are not going to be much bass anyway. I have 6 1/2" mid drivers.

JL also makes a great speaker that is not has bright and also has more bass. Infiniti speakers have a very smooth sound that a lot of people like but are not as clear because they have silk domes. I would really suggest going to a store like Hi-Fi Buys or Sound Advice and listening to different speakers. If you want a system that sounds full, I would suggest getting a JL W0 10" sub. It will make a HUGE difference from the stock sub in the center.

If you would like pictures, go to www.cardomain.com/id/sharr51844 and cardomain.com/id/sharr5184.

Hope this helps. Steve

If u can please let me know.. i also looking for stock factory speaker replacement

for the LX 450, the website u copy & paste wont open,

www.cardomain.com/id/sharr51844 and cardomain.com/id/sharr5

I know its hard to find factory replacement speaker for the LX450, i been looking arounds , also been discussed with crutchfield and most of them just turned me down because of the limit/tight space for the LX450. :(

So please if any of u guys owned LX450 out there had replaced the factory speaker let me know, by the way i had doubledin pionner head unit runnin with the factory speaker right now.

Thanks

Hr

Dear MaxnHarry:

Now when u mention it didnt fit perfectly u mean real bad or lots of mods required

just to fits both JBL GT0 626?

Also i check the price from crutchfield.com the price around $120 a pair without shippin charge & handling yet...

One more thing.. the JBL GT0 626 that u had mention for the front door right?

How bout the rear door? Any recommends on the rear door also?

I didnt need to mod. Speaker fits in OEM hole. You just need to use the pinching clips to attach to the door. I bought from crtuchfield and although they provided rings to help attach to the door they were too small and would have made it impossible to close the door. I also think the 626s would work for the back door. Am going to try that in a few weeks.

Dear MaxnHarry:

Lemme know whether the JBL 626 also fit thru factory hole ~ for the rear passenger door speaker> i think if it fits shouldnt have problem by the clearance.

I know the front kinda very tight/almost impossible thru fits any 6 1/2 speakers.

Thanks for ur info

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up putting the 626s in the back and there was no clearance problem, but thay did not fit in the factory hole. The OEM speaker was a small small one. I removed them and used a jigsaw to enlarge the hole.