No fix for 2017 and older switch from 3G to 5G

Regina Willoughby

I am truly disappointed in Lexus. I’ve searched and searched and there is absolutely no fix for the change to 5G. I could see 10-year-old car losing all of the services but a five year old vehicle and I can’t even use my key fob to remote start anymore? GM came up with a fix. What is wrong with Lexus? So much for their owner support!

It looks like you can't use your remote to lock or unlock your doors. Is that true? This certainly does not reflect historical Lexus customer service. They replaced our dash after 10 years. That was really impressive. Hopefully enough owners will complain enough to spur Lexus into action.

As of October 31, 2022, at 11:59PM CST, the following available Lexus Enform subscription services will be terminated on select 2010-2018 vehicles:

• Lexus Enform Safety Connect including Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Emergency Assistance Button and Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • Lexus Enform Remote including Remote Engine Start/Stop, Door Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Finder, Guest Driver Monitor, Vehicle Status and Alerts, Key Fob Remote Start, and Integration with Alexa® and The Google Assistant
  • Lexus Enform Destination Assist including 24-hour live response center agent
  • Lexus Enform Service Connect including Vehicle Health Report, Vehicle Alerts, and Maintenance Alerts

3G Wireless Services Update (lexus.com)

I see you're in a cold area; I'd think that remote starts really come in handy. I can remember as a teen and for ten years during Winter months, sitting in my car, shivering uncontrollably until the heater was able to push out warm air into the cabin. 

• 2 months later...