Buying Question - 2000 Gs300

Hello,

I am a prospective GS300 buyer and would kindly ask for your advice: is a 55k miles GS300 from 2000 with Navigation, HID lights, memory seats that is certified a good buy for $25k out the door(including all taxes, licenses, etc)?

The Lexus dealer is pressing me to buy it today and I would appreciate any feedback from all the owners of this car.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

dont pay more than 22 for that car...tell the dealer ill give you 22 for buy it today...even though im not a dealer...i have dealer passwords so i can see how much they get it at auction for...a 200 gs300 with nav above avg at auction is going for about 18-21500...its a great car...also the new shape is comming next yr so expect a 3000 dollar hit as soon as that hapens

dont pay more than 22 for that car...tell the dealer ill give you 22 for buy it today...even though im not a dealer...i have dealer passwords so i can see how much they get it at auction for...a 200 gs300 with nav above avg at auction is going for about 18-21500...its a great car...also the new shape is comming next yr so expect a 3000 dollar hit as soon as that hapens

Thank you for your fast reply:-)

Do you mean 22k including all taxes? I am thinking if they bought it for 21k and they sell it to me for 25k(22.2k + taxes) and they spent at least 1k to certify the car for 3years/up to 100k miles, I may not have a lot of room to negotiate...please advice

there is allways room to bargain...i bought a certified mercedes..they were asking 11 sold it for 7k..they had bought it for 6.5...tell them 23.5 ill take it now...and see what he says..you can stick it out...especially since its the end of the month...just tell them look thats my last priuce..tehre is no way theyll be like sorry we arent selling it to you..and if they do hold out you can get one tommor.w..

there is allways room to bargain...i bought a certified mercedes..they were asking 11 sold it for 7k..they had bought it for 6.5...tell them 23.5 ill take it now...and see what he says..you can stick it out...especially since its the end of the month...just tell them look thats my last priuce..tehre is no way theyll be like sorry we arent selling it to you..and if they do hold out you can get one tommor.w..

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 2003 GS300 with 14,000 miles and paid 29,500, it was 31,100.00 out the door with all tax, tags, etc. I have not found one for less that 33,500 yet even on eBay with comparable mileage and equipment.

Check the NADA.com and kelly blue book and then come to a no compromise price in your own head.

Also, a carfax search can keep you out of trouble. I found the previous owners name and phone number in the glove box and gave them a call just to check out the condition when they sold it.

Comaprison shpooing is the real key to purchasing any car. Make them sweat :wacko: and call you back; don't appear too eager. :whistles: There are loads of great cars out there so go slow.

Dr. D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree... let the dealer know you found basically the same car at another dealer...but not a Lexus dealer. Coast to Coast in Indiana has one right now for $21,990. Let the Lexus dealer know the CPO isn't worth $3,000. They build these cars to last, not have problems. I am currently negogiating one right now. I told the Lexus dealer I am not interested in the CPO and he said he could sell it without it. If that's the case then it appears they service these cars, throw them on the lot and then just throw on the extra warranty...knowing they probably won't have a problem. However if they do have a problem the cost won't be that much to the dealer since they sell so many cars overpriced with a CPO stamp.