Trans Fluid Level Too High

mossyoak

After my 45k service done by a Lexus dealer. I checked my fluid level and it was a quart too high. I took out a half a quart via dipstick, and still there is I guess an extra half quart. On American cars too much fluid caused bubles and will cause damage. Is this the same with my LS400.

Ferd

If you want to save your fluid drop it into a CLEAN pan and add it back into the fill tube minus the 1/2 quart . or siphon another 1/2 quart , I think you have to remove the undercover to get to the drain plug .

After my 45k service done by a Lexus dealer. I checked my fluid level and it was a quart too high. I took out a half a quart via dipstick, and still there is I guess an extra half quart. On American cars too much fluid caused bubles and will cause damage. Is this the same with my LS400.

Ferd

You should take it back to the dealer and have them drain and refill to the proper level.........If they won't, get your $$ back and forget them.

This is exactly the kind of thing that keeps me from dealers. YOu can do this with less $$ and more precision than any dealer. Torque on the drain bolt is 15 ft lbs....that is not very much so I'm certain they've already overtightened it.

It is not a good to overfill........leads to foaming and awkward shifting performance.