Ok, So What Now Vmf?

1991LS400

VMF,

I appreciate the help once again, however, not all of my questions were answered and I'm still a little lost on what you have to say for each of my problems.

The big thing is, what needs to be done first as far as work on the car is concerned? What things, if left to go bad, will literally DESTROY the car if attention is not brought to it now? Please help.

P.S. If you look back at my last post there were a couple of questions you left out including if I get a new rack and pinion will that fix the air in the p/s system problem? And others...but if you're nice, you'll see what else I asked about. Thanks again man. Me and Lexi really appreciate it.

Oh, by the way, you stated:

>> whats the idle rpm when u feel the rumbling and shaking ? when ur turn on the AC ur rpm goes higher to compensate the load on the engine so just take a look at the rpm and try to increase it withthe bedal just by a little. if it will go away then i still think it might be your mount or just the car body catching resonanse. this is a 13 year old car and i really know a way to fix this

the idle rpm is usually between 600-800 when I feel and hear the resonance throughout the body of my car. But when I turn the air conditioner ON or step on the gas pedal (either or) the resonating stops. But why would turning the A/C ON stop the resonating? You would think it would work harder.

P.S. You also said you know a way to fix it? What do you mean? Please answer ALL my questions and I will stop taking up so much space on this board. Haha.

air in the pps has nothing to do with chainging rack and pinion or ur pump, even with your leaking rack if you bleed the system the air will be gone, bleeding procedure created just for this purpose. tell your mechanic to clean the screen in the rack and then flush and bleed the system and you will see improvement right away. i would recommend using volvoline ATF for this purpose. dont use generic steering fluid since it will destroy your pps.

when you turn on the AC your RPM goes up so that is why it is not resonating. resonanse appears only on specific rpms and you still need to check engine and tranny mounts.

P.s. please dont start a new topic each time, just post your reply here