Rx300 P0171

tta300

A week after replacing Bank 1 Air/Fuel sensor (Denso part#89467-48011), the check engine was on again with code P0171-Bank 1 system too lean. How could this be! Could I have a bad air mass meter too?

Hello,

I recently had a po171 code and posted to the list. A good member advised me of the same problem and suggested I take my 300 to the dealer that his was covered under the extended warranty. I did and it was covered. What they replaced was the Mass Flow Sensor. I had less than 50,000 miles and barely got in on the yearly time. The maf is located behind the air filter box, easy to get to. Hope this helps!

2bears

I recently also had the same code popping up. After lots of running around blind, I was informed by JPI that it's the MAF, and that they don't need to be *replaced* as often as one thinks, but merely cleaned. I removede mine and carefully cleaned it with contact cleaner and light compressed air. It's been around 5k since the cleaning miles and still no bothersome light!

i had same issue...thought it might be o2 sensor but someone on one of these forums suggested it might be dirty maf sensor and have that cleaned first before shelling out for an o2 sensor...i just cleaned my maf over the weekend, seems to be fixed now...