Recommended Mileage For Brake Change?

Ashutosh

There is no recommended mileage. Replace brake pads when they are worn at or near the minimum thickness specification listed in the factory repair manual. Thickness can be measured using a metric ruler. Or just ask the dealer "are they 30% worn? 90% etc? etc. Dealers & car repair shops, however, are sometimes sloppy and tend to exaggerate, so one may tell you your brakes are 50% worn and another will say 80% worn. That's why I measure the pad thickness myself.

I changed mine this weekend (all of em)... just before changing we were hearing occassional squeaking and BRAKE and ABS lights were just starting to flicker. Probably waited a bit too long, but rotors are fine - got lucky I s'pose.

:blushing:

We had a "pulsing" from the breaks when stopping at higher speeds. the the breaks would squeek when backing up. took it in and had to have the rotors ground and breaks replaced. This was the second time the breaks were replaced. We did it at 62K. These are heavy and chew through breaks. If it will save having the rotors ground have the pads changed early..