1992 Sc400- Aftermarket Radio Possible?

I checked the audio FAQ and did searches for information on this, but what I've seen has been conflicting accounts of whether or not it's possible, how much it will cost, etc., and have searched the web (with no luck) for a mounting kit or wiring harness to get an aftermarket deck into my SC400. The deck, which I have already, is a Sony CDX-M8800. I'd love to have it installed into the car.

What do I have to do to make this happen? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

-Douglas

I had a JVC KD-SH909 installed in my '92 about 2 years ago. It required the guy to modify what I think was a Toyota dash kit to fit the Lexus. If all your existing stuff works, you should be able to sell all 3 pieces (if you have the Nak setup it the head unit, changer and amp) for at least $500 total on Ebay. You will have to buy and install an amp for the sub as most head units run the 4 corners and the Nak amp was 5 channel. But my system sounds WAY better than the original setup. I have an el-cheapo pioneer 200 watt amp running my sub, but it sounds beautiful! The 7" sub puts out a lot more sound than you think with some proper power to it. My JVC has separate sub pre-out and sub controls which you will need for this setup. It did cost me $300 to have this all installed at the Good Guys in Walnut Creek, CA but the sale of the existing Nak equipment paid for it, so I was happy. Good luck! B)

No chance you're going to swap out the entire setup for a brand new setup. You should be able to run all of the wires through the backseat into the trunk.

Also, AWJ and I can make you a kit if you're willing to pay us.

its alot of work, if u have no experience you should go to a PRO. you need a custome kit to cover the whole which is not easy to make. and the wiring harness i couldnt find so i got a wiring diagrahm and did a hard wire my self. Takes time, and testing, and afew fuses. I posted some stuff in theaudio section. should help u out

9IT DEPENDS ON WHICH 92 SC RADIO YOU HAVE. IF YOU HAVE THE BASE RADIO WITH NO CD BUTTON P1600(ID NUMBER ON CASSETTE FLAP DOOR). THEN THE SPEAKER WIRES CAN BE ADAPRTYEDE RIGHT AT THE RADIO. CONNCTOR IS STANDARD 2 CONNCTOR 10 AND 6 PIN SPEAKER WIRE ADAPTOR FOR REGULAR TOYOTA 88 TO 1999 AND IS EASY AFTERMARKET CHANGE. IF YOU HAVE P6800 RADIO THEN ALL THE WIRES GO TO TRUNK. I HAVE A NEW IN THE BOX SPEAKER ADAPTOR BY METRA. THEY ALSO MAKE THE FACEPLATE KIT FOR SC NOW. AN AMATEUR CAN DO THE INSTALL NOW THAT THE ADAPTER AND KITS ARE AVAILABLE.