AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Halfwise

New to me GS350, so greetings to all, and a question

Greetings from a newbie.

I recently bought a 2007 GS350AWD, one owner, clean CarProof and well maintained, 85,000 km / 53,000 mi. I'd been looking for months for the right one, and I have no regrets.

I think the original owner traded it in because he didn't want to pay for replacing the headlights, one of which was locked in the 'aim at the pavement' position.

Now that I've had both lights replaced with OEMs and have been fiddling with getting the lights aimed to my satisfaction, I have pretty much destroyed the little clips that hold the engine covers in place. I see them on Amazon in packs of 50, so I guess I'll be buying those.

Who can give me some simple advice for removing and replacing those clips without breaking them?

You just have to push the middle of the clip down that unlocks it.

Thanks! That’ll work for the replacements that are in good condition. There are about four different kinds there now, including two with screws and two that look like mushrooms. I’m guessing someone just banged in whatever was nearby.

Are the 50-in-a-bag Amazon replacements worth using. They’re cheap, but do they work ok?

I would use them since techs always forget to replace them whenever they take the covers off. I also need to buy some since I made the same mistake when trying to take those covers off the wifes car.