Wow! The New Lexus Rc Coupe

pj8708

On January 8, 2014 Lexus annouced the addition of the "RC Coupe" to the sports family of Lexus world class performance platforms.

The RC gives the driver the use of 314hp, all new aerodynamics, and a long list of enginering first. The cabin has the absolute most striking materials and colors that make any other sports car look like your Grandmothers car from Pasedena. LOL

Read on and tell us what you think!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-lexus-rc-photos-and-info-news

This RC coupe and the 4 series coupe look to rise to the top and might do a lot to boost coupe sales in the US market, previously not much of a volume segment.

What separates them (styling-wise) from most coupes derived from sedans is the lower height/wide track/wider body. I was admiring a couple of new 4 series and expect the RC coupe to be at least as aggressive looking.

What is the deal with all the idiot comments about it looking like an Infiniti G? I see no resemblance at all.

I still can't get past that grill. Maybe someday it will grow on me, but it is just a little too excessive for my taste.

I still haven't seen anything about what the projected cost is going to be for that bad boy.

Yes, I see little similarity to Infiniti coupe.

The new grill is a bit much, but on darker colored cars it looks less prominent. I don't mind it.

btw - 2 of my friends mentioned the new ISx50 grill negatively (without even bringing up the grill topic) and said they preferred 06-13 ISx50 smaller grill.

I have always thought the 06-13 IS had the best lines of most any car on the road.

The Infiniti has smooth rounded lines, this car has lots of vents/angles/recessed headlights...I just don't see that much resemblance. Might as well just say that all 2dr coupes look alike.

Agreed, my favorite is the IS sedan configuration, the lines are about as clean as a sedan can be.

And the wind tunnel confirms just how clean the aerodynamics are.

I especially like the fastback roofline, long hood with short front overhang, subtle rear deck spoiler and slightly higher than normal beltline.

post-130421-0-92025200-1389824010_thumb.

Thanks. It helps to make up for the lack of horsepower. At least I can corner like a bat outta Hell. ;)

I would not have even considered a regular c. No offense to anybody that owns one, but being that I am an old lady, I felt like the regular ones looked too much like an old lady. My trim, rims and handing makes it sporty enough to make me happy with it. I have driven hot rods all my life. At least this car looks like one. Darkening my badging and adding my shifter knob helped too. I really don't think I will do any more modding to that car. I don't want to hurt my resale value. I'm hoping since Lexus is dropping the convertible that this car will hold it's value well.

• 2 weeks later...

I would look at one when they come out and I'm ready for another car. I usually keep one about 3ish years. Depends on the price. The only other thing out there that has excited me lately is the new Mustang. I can't see going from a Lexus to a Mustang though.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...