New Key

lexussuvlvr

Ebay has them with no guts for about $20 (or used to). Weather it's worth it by the time you cut it and clone it I don't know.

Good luck PK

This won't work unless you have the guts from a old key to load into the new one. The security chip is located in the guts part, not the key, so there is nothing to clone. Even if the chip was located in the key part the keys on ebay are not "clonable". To clone a key you first need a special clone able key and and key cloning equipment to do it. Instead of cloning, what is typically done on the RX is to buy another complete key and program the ECU in the RX to accept the key. Google RX300 key. Here is one of many sources for keys:

www.toy-lex.com

Hey, I own a 2002 Lexus RX300. I bought it used in 2007 for about $20,500. It only came with one remote key. I need a second one. Does anyone know how much a new one would be??

I recently did this. The safest and best way in my opinion is via Sewell Lexus. They cut for free and shipped the same day, I was very impressed! My only remote key was in very bad shape so I ordered a new shell and a new master remote for $186 including shipping. Again, they cut via your VIN for free. The shell was $53.32 and the master remote was $125.56. Keep in mind, you'll have to program your additional master remote to start the vehicle. You can find the procedure by searching around here.

This might not be the absolute cheapest way to go, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper that your local stealership and in my opinion, safer than e bay or some other online deal.

Hey, I own a 2002 Lexus RX300. I bought it used in 2007 for about $20,500. It only came with one remote key. I need a second one. Does anyone know how much a new one would be??

I recently did this. The safest and best way in my opinion is via Sewell Lexus. They cut for free and shipped the same day, I was very impressed! My only remote key was in very bad shape so I ordered a new shell and a new master remote for $186 including shipping. Again, they cut via your VIN for free. The shell was $53.32 and the master remote was $125.56. Keep in mind, you'll have to program your additional master remote to start the vehicle. You can find the procedure by searching around here.

This might not be the absolute cheapest way to go, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper that your local stealership and in my opinion, safer than e bay or some other online deal.

I went with Sewell too. http://www.sewellpartsonline.com Very good to deal with. Had the new key in my hand in less than a week. Use promo code 909RK to knock off something like 15%.