Bad Cat On 96 Ls

ED.

Check engine came on today and this code came up when we took it to AutoZone for an OBD test. P0430. Im thinking that means the cat needs to be replaced from what I heard : (. Anyone have advice on this?? I know with my BMW that was a major problem but Ive never heard it with the Lexus. Id love any help I can get on this. Its a 96 with almost 180k miles. Is there a good but cheap place to get them from?? my email is edonohue24@yahoo.com if you have any other info. I can take all the help i can get at this point man. This stinks lol

thanks!!

Check engine came on today and this code came up when we took it to AutoZone for an OBD test. P0430. Im thinking that means the cat needs to be replaced from what I heard : (. Anyone have advice on this?? I know with my BMW that was a major problem but Ive never heard it with the Lexus. Id love any help I can get on this. Its a 96 with almost 180k miles. Is there a good but cheap place to get them from?? my email is edonohue24@yahoo.com if you have any other info. I can take all the help i can get at this point man. This stinks lol

thanks!!

ED, I think the P0430 code is one of your O2 sensors in your exhaust. If you look under your car, in the exhaust line by the tranny pan area, you'll see 4 spark plug looking things in the exhause. Two infront of the cat's, two behind the cat's. I'm sure one of the other guys will chime in on this one as well, and do a quick search for that code on here too, as I recall it has been posted up quite a few times. I can't remember which one it is, I'm thinking left rear bank "rear one on driver's side". Not sure...but I don't think it's your cats. You will usually have extrememly poor performance, and a very strong odor of fuel and such if your cats are going bad. The O2's just mess up your performance a little, and a little odor. Plus, I think your MPG tanks as well.