98 Ls Navigation System

chung3388

Hi, anyone has any experience or instruction on how to do the exchange of the hard disk of the navigation system for my 98 LS. I have already purchased the updated hard disk but the instructions that came with it do not include how to or where the hard disk is located in the vehicle. I appreciate any help.

Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

The search function of this website will often provide the information you need without starting a new thread.

But I have to say that it might have been a bit difficult to find this previous thread where I provided info from a 2000 LS400 repair manual on how to exchange the nav hard drive --> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=18836&hl=hard

The nav harddrive is in the right "well" under the floor of the trunk, the cover of which pops up easily. The optional Lexus phone system would be installed in the same well.

Thanks a lot, I have exchanged the hard disk in less than 15 minutes. Except that I found my ECU at the left well (driver side) instead of the right well?! May be a 98 LS is different from 00 LS??

Anyway, thanks!

Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

The search function of this website will often provide the information you need without starting a new thread.

But I have to say that it might have been a bit difficult to find this previous thread where I provided info from a 2000 LS400 repair manual on how to exchange the nav hard drive -->  http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=18836&hl=hard

The nav harddrive is in the right "well" under the floor of the trunk, the cover of which pops up easily.  The optional Lexus phone system would be installed in the same well.

• 1 year later...