Dumb Question....or Maybe Not...

Claudel

Hi there,

I'm new to the board and would like to say that you guys did help me fix a few things on my "92" LS...The expertise and "tricks" that are describe in this forum are invaluable, believe me, it's worth gold....

Now, I've had my climate control refurbished to a brand new state and very happy about it. I've been almost a year with a "black/brownish" LCD and upon re-connecting everything, I notice that the time always shows on the LCD, even with the key out of the ignition.....

Now, I can't remember if the time was always showing before the repair and I'm wondering if I did swich the connectors when re-assembling everything !!!!

If one of you guys can give me the answer and confirm that the time is always ON, I would appreciate. I do not want to have the battery drained out (on a long run), by this little time clock....

Thank you guys,

Claudel, Montreal, Canada

Hi,

Welcome to the club,

Yes the time display is always on.

The drain on the battery is too little to cause problems.

Thanks "Steve 2006"...

Much appreciated and also thanks for the welcoming....I don't know if this is pertinent but, I would like to give you guys the coordinates of the technician that did the professional repair of my climate control...I know that this is a major issue with our early LS 400 models car and, a lot of messages I've read are related to this matter.

First, the TOTAL COST OF REPAIR WAS VERY REASONABLE, 80.00$ US PLUS 15.00$ SHIPPING CHARGES (USPS)....This price include the total rebuilt AND REPLACEMENT OF THE LCD of my OWN UNIT...The price also include FULL REPLACEMENT OF ALL THE LIGHTING BULBS, inside the unit...The time delay was about 15 days (from Montreal, Canada to Minesota and back)...finally, THE WORK IS FULLY WARRANTY FOR THE FULL TIME I DO OWN THE VEHICULE.....NOT BAD !!!!

Maybe this info should be place somewhere else in the forum (I don't know how), but, for all of you guys who need to have their unit repair, I do strongly recommend this honest gentlemen....He also fix speedometers, ABS module, climate controls and ECMs...

DAVID RUBERG,

123 W. SARNIA ST., WINONA, MN 55987 USA

PHONE: 507-429-4489

E.MAIL: DIGITALGUY_1@CHARTER.NET...WEB SITE IS: www.speedometerrepairguy.com

Hope that this can be useful for other members of the forum....

Best regards,

Claude Lemieux,

Welcome to the club mon ami Claudel! :cheers: I've been to this site, but it's always great to hear an endorsement of any service located on the net. C'est tres bien et merci! I was planning to replace the lcd display myself, but since I'm not driving the LS during the winter, I'm thinking that maybe I'll send it out after all. My soldering skills are ok, it's just not something I'm interested in doing any more. And you can't beat $95.00 for sure.

Welcome to the club mon ami Claudel! :cheers: I've been to this site, but it's always great to hear an endorsement of any service located on the net. C'est tres bien et merci! I was planning to replace the lcd display myself, but since I'm not driving the LS during the winter, I'm thinking that maybe I'll send it out after all. My soldering skills are ok, it's just not something I'm interested in doing any more. And you can't beat $95.00 for sure.

He, He....Ça parle français ici....that's nice...et aussi, je vois que "you're a fan of Led Zeppelin"...me to....

Thanks for the welcoming and as for your LCD control, I'm sure that you do know that there is something like 30 or 32 wires that have to be un-soldered and soldered to the new screen !!!! Non merci for me.....Be careful not to break any clips or plastic, when unassembling the components...especialy the A/C vent...It's pretty stiff to pull out because there is 4 clips total and it has to be PULL OUT straight forward "AT THE SAME ANGLE THAT IT IS INSTALLED". Same goes for the ashtray unit...not easy to pull out either....

Best of luck with the work and again, thanks for the warm welcome....

Claude Lemieux, B)