02 Ash Tray Removal, Lighting, Cig Lighter

one last bulb to conquer in my interior and it is the damn light in the ash tray. i have recently battled the footwell lighting the bulbs are a single led that is in plastic casing and is simply soddered? to a chip board. i found a place that carries led components so i can do it myself. i have now upgraded all interior to cool white (light blue) leds and exterior marker bulbs to leds... leds are not bright enough in the shapes/sizes needed for the tails. and you would be surprised in the difference that just a new regular bulb makes along w led markers. the bulbs are still original making them about 7 to 8 yrs old and dull

my last pain in the !Removed! is the ashtray light. :angry: i know someone knows how to remove the drawer. im not talking the removable plastic actual ash tray but the actual drawer..door....or know of a way to get to the bulb. i figure it has to be the same kind of led chip/board. my only worry is scratching the wood :( i choose not to screw around with that area since i have no knowledge on this. PLEASE HELP..theres gotta be a guru on here :P im just a girl and ive made it this far. B)

also i think my never used lighter is broken. the exterior metal ring just slides around. it wont stay down to light... ive seen crappy ones at the auto part store... is there an thats not so cheap thats not going to cost 50$ at the dealer? :huh:

This is what i did in mine 97 ES300. Should be the same. (Please review picture)

A. by using flat screw driver pop the plate without damaging.

B. Two bolt will be under ashtray. remove and whole ashtray will be out. then you will able to see connector for cig. lighter and light.

Hope that helps.

post-15260-1244602205_thumb.jpg

I WAS LOOKing at it and it seems the wood is clipped to the plastic drawer. Is the wood what I am popping off? If so I can use a eyglass flat head and whittle it loose. SWEET :D

OK I got the wood cover off but I see no screws but have access to the bulb...And I am wondering if there is a DIY forum so i can find out how to get the gear shift console apart...if i dont have to break down it completely down