Body Side Molding

valkman

Question for any 07-08 ES-350 owners.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think there should be a body side molding (matching color) say about an inch or so wide that runs along say between the front and rear wheel wells. I just purchased an 08 Ultra from an auto broker, and he THINKS there is one available either from the dealer or aftermarket. Does anyone have any info on this??? Thanks.

One of my favorite things about Lexus is that they do not put 'trim' and 'moldings' all over their cars. I love the doors without anything on them - I think it would ruin the car to put any type of moldings on it.

Whenever I see a car with 'moldings' I immediately think a very 'mature' person owns the car. Nothing against ‘mature’ people, but that is what it makes the car look like to me. IMHO

Well, thank goodness we all have different needs and wants, huh?????

I really was looking for the right word to describe the slab sides, and it was just mentioned by a previous poster. "UNFINISHED" is just what I was looking for. I just ordered a set of my very own "mature" side moldings, and can't wait for the subsequent improvement to the aesthetics of the car. Installed by Lexus, they will be approx $250.00

One of my favorite things about Lexus is that they do not put 'trim' and 'moldings' all over their cars. I love the doors without anything on them - I think it would ruin the car to put any type of moldings on it.

Whenever I see a car with 'moldings' I immediately think a very 'mature' person owns the car. Nothing against ‘mature’ people, but that is what it makes the car look like to me. IMHO

Actually Lexus has always had subtle side molding on their cars until the L-Finesse models rolled out.

Have you seen the Lexus OEM moldings? Normally I agree with you but the car just looks "right" with them.

Body side moldings have been around for many, many years, so when I first saw the newer cars with the slab look, I felt that this was the new direction that auto manufacturers were taking, I started to like it and still do more so every day. I originally was going to have them put on my ES350, but at this point I'm glad I didn't. That's my personal opinion. :rolleyes: