Removing Navigation Dvd 07 Is350

I have searched the forums and someone said to remove the grey bar underneath the nav screen using your fingernail. It looks like it wraps around and connects with the buttons on the right and left. I tried this but it feels like the plastic is going to snap. Is this the right way to do it or is there an easier way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the clock face (the red section), and only that section.

To make things easier, stick one of those pins in one side first (you need to push it had and the face panel may bend a little), you'll feel it bypass a little metal tab, that's when you know you're through (the pin should do in so that the face panel sits close to the chrome bit/handle on the pin).

After you stick that side in, try stick the other side in, if it won't go in, get a small suction cap or some sticky double sided tape and pull the side with the pin it out slightly, then attempt to stick the pin in the other side, it should come out pretty easily.

Don't yank the unit out once it's loose as it's connected to wires.

Taa Daa - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...king&page=2

To make things easier, stick one of those pins in one side first (you need to push it had and the face panel may bend a little), you'll feel it bypass a little metal tab, that's when you know you're through (the pin should do in so that the face panel sits close to the chrome bit/handle on the pin).

After you stick that side in, try stick the other side in, if it won't go in, get a small suction cap or some sticky double sided tape and pull the side with the pin it out slightly, then attempt to stick the pin in the other side, it should come out pretty easily.

Where do I get these "pins"? Can I use some other kind of household item instead of that?

Where do I get these "pins"? Can I use some other kind of household item instead of that?

pins are in the toolkit that comes with the car -look next to the spare