When Would I -

Is it just me or does it seem silly to turn off traction control? What situation would you want to?

Also, if the transmission is so smart & can tell how I am driving, why would I need a switch to tell it I want more power?

Some of us enjoy the non-trac mode. I love doing donuts in the parking lot.

"Also, if the transmission is so smart & can tell how I am driving, why would I need a switch to tell it I want more power? "

I'm a little lost with this question. As far as I know, non of the Lexus transmissions have intelligence on them. Fill me in.

If it's like my 92 LS and the TRAC system dethrottles the engine at the same time it applies the rear brakes to stop wheelspin then it should always be turned off each and every time you start it.

Too many times my car went squeek-squeek over those plastic SLIPPERY crosswalk strippings, appied the brakes and dethrottled the engine and left me for too many minutes with no throttle control while entering a line of traffic.

Later models, the 2000 GS for certain, delayed the dethrottling slightly to give the driver time to react and back off the gas.