Sc300 bogs down when given any power

wallys3d

I have a 1995 SC300 that when I give it any acceleration from the pedal or throttle body the car dogs down and makes a popping sound. When I left off it idles just fine. I just changed the bad stock fuel pump to a AEM fuel pump. Then I had to jump the fuel ECU to get power to the pump. 
My friend said he could do a EGR delete for me for trade with body work on his car. It did run about 8 years ago and then started over heating after the EGR delete. I have messed with this car off and on for a long time now and I want to get it back on the road. Is there anyone who has a few ideas I can try to fix my baby. A69AAB04-DFF0-4E93-8AC6-54EC1E955D4B.thumb.jpeg.30b9149f878f18be8b4735a314efa0f2.jpeg

Is there a timing belt or chain? Sometimes if an old timing belt skips a tooth, something like what you describe may happen.

Also:

Engine Backfiring

The Symptom: Engine backfires when you press on the gas pedal. When you step on the gas the engine pops, spits, and backfires. Sometimes it's loud, sometimes it's not so loud. This can cause severe engine damage and/or fire under the hood.

Possible Cause: Camshaft timing belt or chain has slipped.
The Fix: Replace timing belt or chain.

Possible Cause: Ignition timing needs adjusting.
The Fix: Adjust ignition timing.

Possible Cause: Spark plug wires on the wrong spark plugs.
The Fix: Check firing order and place wires on the correct spark plugs.

Popping/Stuttering Sounds

The Symptom: Engine hesitates, and a popping sound comes from the engine. When you step on the gas, the engine bogs down or takes a second to respond. You may notice a general lack of power. The problem may occur when the engine is hot or cold or when you are low on fuel. The popping noise tells you something isn't right.

Possible Cause: Dirty air filter.
The Fix: Replace air filter.

Possible Cause: Bad ignition wires.
The Fix: Replace ignition wires.

Possible Cause: Some other type of ignition problem.
The Fix: Check distributor cap or rotor. Ignition module may be bad.

Possible Cause: Internal engine problem.
The Fix: Check compression to determine engine condition.