MPG display off?

Hi, this is my first post, so please forgive me if I posted it in the wrong place. I guess they don't make my model of Lexus anymore?

I bought a 2008 Lexus RX 400H on Oct 14th. It had 172k miles. I drove it about 100 miles when the ABS light came on. I ended up replacing the accumulator pump to the tune of 2800.00, 500.00 of which the dealer agreed to pay. I had the car fax on this car and it seemed well cared for- 1 owner. As I went to pick it up a week later, I saw it was almost pouring pink fluid from the front. Apparently while they had it the radiator cracked and they replaced that on their dime as well.

My question is this. Before I got it back, the display showed I was getting around 25ish MPG in town. Now it is showing between 13 and 16 MPG. Could they have done something to it while making these repairs or am I likely looking at yet another problem? Or could it just be telling me wrong? I sure hate to give it up as I really love it, but I am starting to wonder if I am going to be nickel and dimed to death. On the other hand, I love it so much that if it's worth fixing, I'd really rather just do it.

Thank you and again, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find a better area.

Dharlee

Perhaps if they had to disconnect the 12 volt battery, the computer has to gather data in order to display an accurate number. I don't notice something like this happening after changing the battery because I don't have MPG displayed as the default.

Thank you for you reply. That really makes me feel better. I don't generally either, but it's so new to me that i wondered about it. I'll give it time. I dearly love this car and I sure hope to keep it.  : )