Piston Slap?

Jim19460

I purchased a 1999 Lexus ES350 with 75000 miles on March 2021. I have driven the car 11000 miles and the car runs great and I like the car very much. My only concern is my machinic advised me the engine has a piston slap. There is some engine noise, but I am hoping it could be something else less sever then a piston slap. I would like to keep the car, but I don't want to have an expensive repair down the road. I am also planning a long car trip to Florida and don't want any problems. Has anyone ever heard of this problem with Lexus engines? If it is a piston slap is that a big problem ? should I trade the car now to avoid an expensive repair later?  Could it be another problem making the engine noise ?Thank you in advance for your thoughts.    

Does it go away when the engine is warmed up?

I found this statement by a Lexus owner:

I have some promising news. I just took my 2007 ES350 into Lexus service dept. With the infamous "piston slap" and they tried to tell me that it was normal and nothing was wrong. I pushed and threatened them and behold, they admitted that they now found a TSB that addresses this as a "ticking" noise related to a faulty camshaft. I lucked out as the repair is covered under my drivetrain warranty and it is going to take them 3-5 days to repair (probably open up the motor is my guess) but alas they addressed the issue! Score 1 pt. For the consumer.