Auto Carwash question for 2022 RX350

Just bought a 2022 RX350. I will have use a auto-brushless carwash now and then because I can't always do it myself at home (especially in the winter). The user manual says the FOB has to be 6ft or more away from the car because water hitting the doorhandle will cause the door to lock and unlock repeatedly while in the wash and it could screw up something (FOB? touch door handle?) How am I supposed to be sitting in the car going thru the wash w/o my FOB? Where am I supposed to put the FOB while I"m in the car going through the wash? Maybe I'm stupid or misread the user manual.

Can someone 'splain to me?

Ok, well, I put my FOB in a small metal tin can and closed the lid - Faraday effect?

Placed it on the passenger floor.  Unable to lock the door with my hand on the handle sensor, so that will take care of that problem.

With the can outside of the vehicle, I tried to lock the drivers door and it clicked one time but did not lock. That's the RX telling you, you don't have your FOB on you so I ain't locking no doors, period.

Took the FOB out and I can lock it.

Put the FOB back in the can and I am unable to unlock the RX with my thumb on the handle.  That's saying you can't prove you are the owner of this RX, so don't go away mad, just go away...

Took the FOB out of the can and I can unlock the RX.

What blew my mind was that I could still start the RX with the FOB inside the can sitting on the console. How do you explain that one?

Speaking of FOBs, I often go thru the procedure to follow if I get Car-Jacked:

Keep the FOB on you in a zippered pocket if you have one like on cargo pants. But not is a purse.

If, and more like when, someone tries to jack you - turn off the RX immediately and say "The keys are in the ignition, take my RX, it's all yours, and then run like hell, haha...

Hopefully you'll have done the 100 yard dash before the idiots figure out you been lying...

• 3 months later...

I think you are mis-interpreting the instructions. The car unlocking and locking is only an issue if you switch the car off. In a drive thru car wash, you are required to keep the car running, but just switch to neutral gear until the end. If you're in a car wash that requires you to stand still (no movement), just keep the car running while in park. 

If you are washing at home, keep the fob away from the car while washing it (more than 6ft). Hope that helps.

Thank you for clarifying. I have been through many car washes to date and the doors do not lock and unlock so at least I determined through experience that wasn’t a problem.  But good to know when I have wash it! Thanks again.