click or knocking noise

Hi, I noticed a click or knocking noise with my 2021 es300h when starting or stopping. It happens about 85% of the time and will make the noise in both battery mode or using engine. It sounds like it is coming from the front, by the engine or tires. When it makes a noise, it's always a quick single noise. I'll try and post a short video while I was driving as well. Thanks!

Have you considered taking it to the dealership for inspection? Sometimes they will charge you if they find nothing, so I recommend that you are reasonable sure that a test drive by the technician will affirm your auditory notice.

Hi, I do have an appointment for next Friday. I have about 2½ years left on warranty. I also have noticed whenever the car is in drive, if I step on the accelerator it will always make a brief small click sound. When I first bought this car it seemed very quiet. I'm kinnda bummed it's making these noises. After washing it a couple of times, I noticed a little nut was missing from front driver's side fender.....they since replaced.

• 9 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, Mike S7749 said:

Hi - Were you able to figure out what the knocking and pinging was on your Lexus?

I am having the same issue on my 2019 Es300h. The noise happens when going over dips, speed bumps, etc.

Hi, I noticed a click or knocking noise with my 2021 es300h when starting or stopping. It happens about 85% of the time and will make the noise in both battery mode or using engine. It sounds like it is coming from the front, by the engine or tires. When it makes a noise, it's always a quick single noise. I'll try and post a short video while I was driving as well. Thanks!

• 1 year later...