Buy Ready Painted Mirror or Have One Painted?

The driver's side mirror on my daughter's 2014 IS 250 C was whacked and needs to be replaced. I see unpainted replacements for around $100 and painted, ready to go mirrors for $400 or more.

I've also seen recommendations that I should buy the unpainted version, and take it and the car to a body shop where it can be properly color matched exactly to the car. It looks as though a paint shop will charge $200 to $300 for this. Allegedly, this is the better way to go because a 7 year old car will have experienced some fading and a mirror painted to factory paint codes won't quite match.

So...

1. Any truth to the paint matching issues?
  2. Experience in doing it one way or the other?
  3. Recommendations for a supplier for either way?

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Old paint and new will look different until the new paint fades to blend in over time.

Another option to consider is getting the mirror housings wrapped in any colour (including carbon) and considerably cheaper as well

Thanks.  As it ultimately turned out the only mirror that would fit on the car could only be found as a genuine Lexus part, already painted.  Still got a better deal than the local stealer, but well over the cost of the cheaper mirrors without mirror memory that came unpainted.