Warranty On Paint Work

GS 400, 2000 model, 28k, in service date 0f August 2000. Black Paint is flaking on drivers side window frame post. Gloss is off down to the primer in a 3" x 1 1/2" spot and then a few small spots. Looks like paint didn't adhere to the primer but it's only on drivers frame not even the adjacent rear door black window post. Anybody else had this problem? I'm going to see if Lexus will repaint under their corrosion warranty. Any thoughts on what my chances will be?

Dealer in Louisville wouldn't make the call. Hav eto return Thursday to meet with factory rep. Said the repair would be strip and repaint pillar. Lexus Louisville has a woman service writer who admitted she was inexperienced. she asked one of the techs. He said he sees more peeling pillars on ES models but some GSs too. I expect they will repair but it's a drag to have to return the second time. Everybody's trying to cya I guess.

Lexus is going to repaint pillar under bumper to bumper warranty, loaner car and everything. On the 93-97 GS pillar was a replacable painted panel but on 98 up pillar is part of door frame and must be painted. Said bring it in Mon am and repair would take a couple of days.